Issue
I formatted my computer and now the shift keys won’t type the @ sign in my email address as this is a laptop it not as simple as just going getting a new keyboard help!!!! The shift works for the other keys so it can’t be broken.
Solution
Dude I have had the same problem since I got my laptop. very frustrating...
the @ symbol and the quote symbol were swapped...
to make matters worse I was getting European characters with key combos.
After months of ignoring it I finally tracked it down.
Try this:
- Control panel
- Regional and language options
- Languages
- Details
- first try 'key settings'
- Untick the boxes to swap between keyboards.
But that wasn't enough for me it still kept changing keyboard layouts!
(what the hell, what stupid shortcuts Microsoft, don't you know Ctrl-shift is
often used to select text, and at least it would be nice to turn it off.)
So I simply removed US-International and UK keyboards leaving just "US"...
and hey presto I have a normal keyboard layout FINALLY. jeez. crazy.
Hope that works for ya. if not check out sticky keys, or I read somewhere else
to try pressing left and right shift with Alt...? Didn’t do anything for me but.

No comments:
Post a Comment